The NRU recreation program offers youth soccer to all ages, U5 thru U18. Serving over 600 kids per season from the Blacksburg and greater New River Valley region, the program functions successfully thanks to the efforts of over 80 volunteer coaches, assistant coaches, age group coordinators, and team parents. Rec teams practice once a week, and have one game on the weekend, which is normally on Saturdays. Our U5/6 age groups are on Friday Nights 5:30 to 6:30pm at the Kipp's Field, where they practice for 30 minutes, then play a game for 30 minutes.
* Sunday, February 16th: Early Registration Closes
* Sunday, February 23rd: Registration Closes
U5 / U6 Age Groups - $65
U7 to U18 Age Groups - $80
Registration for Spring 2020 is open
To register for the Spring 2020 recreation season, please complete the steps below.
1. Go to www.newriverunited.com If you have any questions, please contact the club office at [email protected]
2. Click on register on the top right hand side if you are a new customer. If you are a returning customer, click on log in and sign in with your id and password and skip to step
3. If you are a new customer (which means you did not have a child playing in the fall, or have one attend our camp this summer), fill in all parent information and click on “create new account”. Remember, the parent is the customer. Proceed on to entering primary contact information and hit “next”.
4. Once you get to “Add new participant” this is the player’s information, fill in all of the proper information and proceed by hitting “next”.
5. At the available program screen, click the check box next to the "2020 Spring Recreational League" and click “next”.
6. Click on next and continue to fill in the proper waiver forms, and payment options. Cost is $65 for U-5/U-6 - $80 for U-7 thru U-18.
7. You should receive an email with all of the proper information as confirmation, including practice and game start dates.