The NRU Adult Winter Futsal League promotes adult soccer in the New River Valley. We are open to all adults ages, 18 and up.
We play 5 v 5 (20-minute halves) on futsal courts at Gateway Baptist Church in Blacksburg, Va. We offer two seasons – Winter and Summer. The winter season runs mid January thru mid March, while the Summer season runs June and July. Each season, teams play 8 regular season games. After the regular season, teams will be seeded (based on the regular season standings) for the playoffs. You can register in our adult league as either a captain forming a team, an individual playing for a specific team, or as an individual to be "drafted" by a team.
To register for the 2018-19 Winter Futsal league, please complete the steps below.
1. Go to https://sports.bluesombrero.com/newriverunited
2. Click on register on the top right hand side if you are a new customer. If you are a returning customer (have a child that plays for NRU), click on login and sign in with your id and password and skip to step 4.
3. If you are a new customer, proceed on to entering primary contact information and hit “next”.
4. Once you get to “Add new participant” this is the player’s information, fill in all of the proper information and proceed by hitting “next”. If you are a returning customer, click on "Add new participant" on the left hand side.
5. At the available program screen, click the check box next to the "2018-2019 Winter Futsal Adult League" and click “next”.
6. Click on next and continue to fill in the proper waiver forms, and payment options.
7. You should receive an email with all of the proper information as confirmation.
If you are a captain, please be sure to let your players know what team name to enter under. Also, be sure to enter yourself in as a captain during registration.
If you have any questions, please contact the club office at [email protected]