PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
As a player for New River United, I pledge to:
- Play for fun and enjoyment of the game.
- Be a good sport.
- Respect my coaches, teammates, parents, opponents, and referees.
- Obey the laws of the game and play within the spirit of the laws.
- Work hard to improve my soccer skills.
- Be a team player, to get along with and cooperate with my coaches and teammates.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
As the parent of a New River United player, I pledge to:
- Support New River United and my child’s team in requiring players to abide by the Players Code of Conduct.
- Use language appropriate to youth sports at all times
- Refrain from coaching my child or other children from the sideline during the game.
- Support the coach in providing positive reinforcement to the players.
- Show respect to the game officials and the players and coaches from both teams.
- Remember that the game is for the children – not for the adults.
Coaching Code of Conduct
New River United expects all coaches to set a positive example for the young people participating in our recreational program by demonstrating good sportsmanship, respecting the game, acting ethically, and providing positive instruction.
Coaches should respect the game and its rules. This means that coaches extend respect to their players, their opponents, the officials, and the game itself. Coaches are expected to act ethically at all times, to respect the spirit as well as the letter of the Laws of the Game. Lead by example.
New River United Recreational coaches need to recognize the wide spectrum of experience and development present in all divisions of the program. Recognize the individual abilities of every player and seek to move every player up the developmental spectrum over the course of the season. Coaches should strive to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere at practices and games that fosters development and improvement, not just competition.
New River United depends on the service of hundreds of volunteers every year. We have a strong tradition of excellence in coaching and service to young people. We count on our coaches to uphold that tradition.
As a youth coach, remember that this is a game for young players and strive to make it a positive and memorable experience for them.